PowerPoint Presentations are a great way to get your students’ attention. I think it can be a fun interactive way to present material. In our class presentations one thing I enjoyed was being engaged in the material. I thought practicing Spanish was a neat idea. I wouldn’t have thought powerpoints could be useful in language classes and now I can see how they are helpful. They can provide great visuals for any work. I liked how powerpoint can be used to present artwork to students on a big scale. Powerpoints are definitely an easy way to improve a lesson presentation.
One way that powerpoint can work against a lesson is if it becomes too wordy. There was one presentation that I thought became a bit too much about reading off of the slides. If you use a lot of text out of the book, it seems to be more sensible to just let the student read the book. A great way to catch the attention of a student is by pictures and relevant graphs. I just think that as a student I would become bored reading slide after slide so teachers need to be aware of what they need to do in order to catch the attention of their kids.
One way I thought my powerpoint could be improved is to add an audio interview of M.C. Escher. I thought my presentation was a good opening to what I was trying to teach. I thought it did an excellent job at capturing the attention of my peers. I just think that by specifically adding the interview to my presentation it would deepen it and would help students find a way to relate to it.
I definitely like using powerpoint as a lesson presenter. I think it has the potential to bring a lot to a lesson. Unfortunately as with all technology it can have complications so if a teacher plans on using it they should definitely come prepared with back up.
No comments:
Post a Comment